Saturday, October 6, 2018

Looking for games with gameplay that's aged well

I love retro aesthetic. I love the pixel art and the harsh soundtracks and weird blocky 3D models.

Unfortunately, a lot of older games I've played had less-than-buttery-smooth gameplay. Lots of finicky hitboxes, unintuitive controls, strange methods of aiming and camera control and such. I'm young, I'm used to the decades-refined game design and control schemes of modern games.

A perfect example of something I'm looking for is Shovel Knight, even though it's a modern game. It nails the aesthetic, has simple, intuitive, and easy to execute controls, and generous yet understandable hitboxes. I never have to worry that I have to jump from the very last pixel of a platform or that I only have a tiny window of time to hit the enemy.

I'm looking for something that Fortnite 12 year olds would still claim plays well, y'know?

Thanks for reading.



Submitted October 06, 2018 at 11:28PM by TheWingedCherryPie https://ift.tt/2ONDRGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...