Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Can the shape that you file your nails into impact their strength and make them more prone to breaking?

I recently started to get into the nail art thing and am working on growing out my nails. Undortunately they keep breaking, usually starting out by flaking on the edges then cracking straight across. My nails seem to bend and form stress cracks pretty easily.

I need to work on moisturizing more often, but I was wondering if my nail shape could be a factor as well. I have been filing them with a glass file into an almond shape, which requires filing the edges. My thought is that it could be leaving more "raw edge" that is susceptible to splitting layers and flaking.

Is there a difference between shapes as far as nail strength/longevity? Would I be better off filing a rounded square shape and leaving the sides alone?



Submitted October 04, 2018 at 06:15AM by Cypripedium-candidum https://ift.tt/2xYiedc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...