Sunday, September 30, 2018

A few questions about minipainting

I'll get straight to it:

  1. I've been struggling with freehanding and for the longest time I could not understand how people do it. Then, just for fun, I used my girlfriends brushes she has for her nail art and it was absolute night and day. It was like freehanding with a pencil, and I've realized I've simply been handicapping myself before. Still, I don't understand how people make this. Is there something else I should know of, or is a stiff brush all there is to it (and lots of skill)?
  2. Continuing from above, I felt that my Winsor & Newton 000 sable brush was not up to the task for freehanding, at least not to me. Can anyone recommend any brushes that are great for freehanding?
  3. Do people that make showcase minis ever varnish them? I've been experimenting with gloss varnishes and thinning them a lot before painting them on. It makes it a bit more vibrant, but I'm not convinced yet.
  4. Does anyone ever come back to old minis and improve on them?
  5. Does anyone feel there's a discrepancy between real life and photography? Just the other day I finished the best miniature I've ever painted, I was so proud, but by the time I got around to the photos to show them off, I was extremely disappointed. So many flaws and it looked like I had spent an hour on it, rather than almost 20. Very disillusioning.

Thank you.



Submitted September 30, 2018 at 05:21PM by DivinityInsanity https://ift.tt/2OkMgRK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...