Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A dream about making art. Featuring Sideshow Bob

The dream starts with a man-who looks strangely like Sideshow Bob- sitting at an upright sketching table. He's talking be muttering to himself as he draws and erases things, like he's planning something. I hear the words "heart", "arrow", "through" and "ace of spades". After a lot of scribbling and erasing, Bob stands up shouting in triumph then scrambles over to a dark area, which in assuming to get started. Fade out.

Next minute, I'm sitting in a reception area that looks strangely like the one in my old high school. It's crowded. People are dressed nicely and there's a lot of art magazines around. I pick one up and realise I am at an art show opening. The program has a painting on the cover, full of grey, white, black and dark red brush strokes.

Suddenly, people start filing through an opening. The exhibition is large and the space is full of nooks. Wandered around with a glass of sparkling wine in hand, and kind of interested in what I see.

I end up finding the piece "Bob" was trying to create, which was large and needed to be suspended. There was long, thin, gold looking arrow shaft splicing through half a dozen metal cut outs of the ace of spades. The arrow shaft curled in wide, stretched out hoops. I follow along and find the head of the arrow nails a red heart.

The format of the dream reminds me of a Frasier/The Simpsons episode but without the regular cast. Which is so surreal.

In real life, I'm looking for a new job and have found out my employer is advertising internally, thinking about applying for the vacancy.

Could the dream be about work or about relationships, because the symbolism reminds me of Cupid shooting arrows.

Thanks.



Submitted September 20, 2018 at 04:16AM by OtterGoodTopic https://ift.tt/2NsnzDi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...