Thursday, August 2, 2018

God mode? Nah...

Link to the prompt | Give u/ryan0585 some love!


The smile on my face was starting to grow painful, but I didn't care. I looked up from the two devices in my hands after the man who I had just saved, but he was nowhere to be seen. If what I was thinking was true, then the guy really did just give me the coolest thing ever. The possibilities ran through my mind like the Flash. The Flash... I quickly pocketed my phone and typed furiously.

player.addAbility

Nothing happened to me, but the screen displayed the text 'To add ability, type player.addAbility (ability(type:level))'. I almost squealed like a little girl at that. It was basically a life editing dos prompt and I had it in my hands!

player.addAbility MartialArts(ShaolinKungFu:Master)

In seconds images flashed through my head of hundreds of thousands of hours of training in kung fu. My body ached as it shifted and reshaped itself to a state more suitably able to implement the knowledge I possessed. I was Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Bruce Lee, and Mr Miyagi all rolled into one. Looking around, I tried to find something to test out my new skills. A plank of wood that had fallen off a neighbour's fence caught my eye and I ran over to it already feeling the greater strength just from the power in my legs. Picking up the wood, I looked for somewhere to rest it. The nearby park had two benches close enough to each other to work. I ran over and placed the plank between them, making sure both ends were evenly held. Then with the perfect knife hand strike like I had done it a million times before, I brought my hand down onto the wood. It snapped like nothing. My elation couldn't be contained and I did a backflip in excitement, almost stumbling in surprise when I landed. Something wet hit my nose. I touched my hand to it and saw that it was blood, then noticed that it came from my hand, flinging into the air when I flipped. There must have been a nail or something in the wood that I didn't notice. Wiping off the blood, I pulled out the little console.

player.addAbility Invulnerability(full)

I stopped before pressing enter. Images of a Luke Cage episode I watched on netflix flew past my mind's eye. He was injured but his people couldn't cut his skin to help him.

player.addAbility Invulnerability(selective)

The screen displayed the text 'Enter condition to trigger ability:'. I mulled it over for a few moments. What would be a good thing to trigger it? A word? An action? A light bulb went off in my head.

reactive(non-medical injury)

Nothing happened. Or at least, I didn't feel like it did. But considering I had become a master martial artist in seconds, I was certain it would have worked, so I looked down at the pathway I was standing on. Full concrete. I tapped it with a knuckle to test it. No pain. A harder flick of my hand. No pain. Taking a deep breath I decided to commit and pulled my hand back for a full punch. Thrusting it downward, it connected with enough force to break every bone in my hand and arm...but I didn't feel anything more than some pressure. The concrete, however, was now cracked and broken. My fist-print was embedded a good quarter of an inch into it. I laughed with excitement, then got self conscious and looked around. Luckily no one had seen or heard my crazy outburst. I stared at the little console thinking more about the possibilities that it contained. I could essentially become Superman... An unstoppable god man. But nah. Superman was always lonely and afraid of hurting people in the comics. I'd stick to being a better Batman! With that thought, the next entry was decided.

player.addItem Costume(Superhero:Male)

My backpack suddenly felt heavier and I thrust my hand into the air in victory. My afternoon and evening was about to get...super...fun.



Submitted August 02, 2018 at 12:17PM by sycolution https://ift.tt/2McEIfw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...