Friday, July 27, 2018

Ikea Lack table rigid upgrade

I noticed a thread earlier discussing the Ikea Lack table and how it's not a particularly rigid surface especially for larger printers so I thought I would share my setup so hopefully it will help some of you out!

Images

What you need:

2x Lack Tables

1x Set of Capita Feet

No More Nails or similar construction adhesive

8x Long screws

Basically you need to sandwich the two tables together with a row of four legs running down each side.

As these tabes are pretty much hollow in the middle with cardboard in between, the screws are pretty much just used to guide the legs into place. I have glued them all down then put a bunch of weights on top of the table until dry. The capita and corner legs aren't so much of an issue as there are blocks of wood in the corner of each top surface though I found it safer to glue everything down anyway.

All in all this thing is pretty damn sturdy now and looks fairly unique!

Other options for adding more mass would be a paving slab or similar on the lower surface though I haven't felt the need for it. The rubber top is a washing machine anti vibration mat.

Any questions feel free to ask and let me know what you think.

Happy printing T90



Submitted July 28, 2018 at 04:01AM by tom90 https://ift.tt/2LW6DjN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...