Sunday, July 29, 2018

[fan art] I drew a knight focusing its soul (mod idea in description)

The Knight focusing its soul

I love Hollow Knight, so much so that I can no longer describe that with words. The best way I can contribute is probably making a mod for the game.

Currently, charms and nails do not affect the appearance of the knight. Yes, you do get upgrades throughout the game, but a jump stays just a jump and you have to look at the same animation for the hundreds of hours in Hallownest. Wouldn’t it add a bit of fresh air if players can see more of the game?

Here's the idea

The charms all have pretty unique designs, I would consider a shame that they are all just for the menu screen with few visual difference applied. My idea is that, players are allowed to set the “cosmetic slots” onto their equipped charm. For example, you may cosplay as one of the King’s knights if you are setting Kingsoul as your cape vanity charm, or as an infected vessel if you are setting Glowing Womb as your head vanity charm. Just think about the possibility of wearing your favourite charms and show your friends that unique knight of yours!

At first, I was just going to make a pixel art out of it, then I was tarnished by an idea instilled. My supposed strength may have been ill-judged, for me being just a novice in both drawing and coding, but if I am to pick a project to start, I guess this mod would be a great exercise for me.

Leave your comment about this idea, all is welcomed :D



Submitted July 29, 2018 at 10:07PM by Pimez https://ift.tt/2Ly5VwL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...