Monday, July 30, 2018

All Dreams Die Young vids transcribed

I'm meant to be working on an assignment rn but watching these kinda gave me the push to actually get that shit done ironically so I thought it'd be cool to save the text all on my phone to read when I'm lost. So like, why not post here as well you know?

KEVIN

In high school I kinda stayed to myself for the most part. I always always alone, you know, walking around the halls, hating everything. When I was in class it was even worse, I would just be sitting there listening to the teacher, listen to the students talk and it would just - I would just be so frustrated. I would draw, I would write, I would brainstorm. Think about all the crazy things I wanted to do and still want to do to this day.

High school wasn't that long ago. At all. It was a few months ago.

Imagine, just imagine, a group of kids, moving, together for one goal, one-one big goal.They move into this house, this big house, and they just create. All day long and make all their dreams come true, that's their goal, to make every single dream come true. Every dream that they ever told a friend in class about, or told the teacher about, or didn't tell anyone about because they were too embarrassed to talk about it.

Imagine all those kids being in one room, or one house, for months, six months to a year just creating, building, making something that is way bigger than they ever thought they could make, bigger than anything their parents thought they could do. Imagine them doing that, imagine them taking the risk. Not going to school, not getting a job, and just living off of dreams.

Imagine a kid moving to texas with nothing in his pocket except a few dollars, a Macbook and his backpack and a whole lot of dreams inside his head, imagine that. That's what BROCKHAMPTON is.

AMEER

*coughs*

If you could do anything. If you could have your questions answered, if you could sleep at night, if you could talk to him, or her, if you could get them to understand, if you could make another dollar, if you could run faster, if you could reach the water's surface.

If your fingers could reach up and break the surface of the tar. If you could, for a moment, just a moment, feel the breeze caressing, dancing around your fingers, the warm sunlight kissing your skin, you feel like in that moment you could breathe through your fingertips, see through them even. Hear birds chirping, see the trees sway. Hear the roar as they whisper their secrets in the wind.

But what if you didn't give up? What if you clawed your way out? What if you dug at that black muck with your teeth and your nails and every ounce of your being until you grab the deep roots of a tree, and pulled yourself out? Out of the gutter, out of the streets, out of the clutches of death itself, and emerge on the banks as alive as you've ever been. The air a little fresher, the sky not so far away.

MERLYN

How can I prove to you that I'm unique? That I'm a real person? With real problems, problems that consume my mind, from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. Shit that's been bothering me for years, decades - I mean I'm only 18. I mean.

I'm gonna make it seem real to you, that's like, worth knowing for some reason. I mean, there's millions of other kids probably that're identical to me in your eyes. You know, probably walk the same, talk the same, act the same. But... we're all different, man. Not one of us is normal.

Look. Really? It's those differences that make us more alike. 'Cause, for some reason, maybe if I'm lucky, and my verses are hard enough, and I look the right way, and I talk the right way, and I walk the right way and I ACT the right way. To you I'm saying exactly what I mean. And it's not even me saying it, or rapping it, or showing it, it's just all of it, and you just understand me.

Maybe, even though we're different, even though we grew up in different states, or countries, or different worlds completely, that the shit that I gotta say, shit I gotta do? Means something to you. How can I convince you that I'm a real person? I don't know.

DOM

I'm still alive. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, and I don't know how I made it this far, but... I'm still here. Everything is different, though. This is the farthest I've ever been from home, we've ever been from home. We took a leap of faith that... many people I know would really talk themselves out of, it's understandable though. I almost did that myself.

But this place is a sign. These people, these creative souls, are a sign. It's a sign that although nothing is perfect, we're doing exactly what we're supposed to be doing. It's a sign that sometimes the biggest battle is knowing where to put your energy in the first place. Like, nothing's perfect but I feel like we're doing everything right.

That's it.

JOBA

BROCKHAMPTON is a dream. A dream that I have, a dream that my brothers have, a dream that you have, a dream that we all have as people. And it's just to BE somebody, Because there are so many of us who are just dreaming to dream, because that's what you DO, and everybody wants to be this, everybody wants to do this, everybody wants to make a change, whether it be in art, you know, fashion, I mean... cinema, all the cool stuff. People always wanna be the next cool somebody, who will be in the history books.

You know, you grew up reading about, you know, MLK and the legacy that he led, you learn about the presidents, man. And all that stuff, dude, I mean it's cool! It's cool that people have proven that it's possible. But when you look at the numbers... it's terrifying, because so many people have failed, and so few have succeeded.

And that's what saddens me the most. Not the fact that statistically it is scary, but that success rate has caused people to turn their backs on the only thing they give a fuck about. And that's the difference between most people and BROCKHAMPTON. We don't run from dreams, we live dreams, we make dreams, we see 'em through, no matter what happens. Refuse to let fear dictate our future.

MATT

I feel like a little kid all the time. Fucking wake up on a couch, make music, go to work, I feel like a little kid at work. I kinda always wanna feel like a little kid. I dunno. I feel like being young, it really puts me back in like that, I dunno, happiness, innocence, and I think like, moments of love. 'Cause I don't really think love is forever. I don't really think anything's forever. But, you know the fact you get to share those moments, and just - they put you in this place, you close your eyes, and just lose yourself.

I remember being on this shitty Greyhound bus on the way to Chicago, and it was fucking, I dunno, weird. So many crazy people on there. But I was just like, stuck in my phone, 'cause I met this girl off the internet, like, randomly. And like, normally when you meet someone it's like, you don't really think about it. But like, I dunno, we just started opening up, really digging deep, 'cause it's like, fuck it, we don't know each other. We're never gonna meet each other.

And like, now it's fucked up. You get to know someone, not even knowing them, really, it's all fake. You're two real people on like, another little weird dimension. I don't know. It's fucked up 'cause like, you get so lost in someone that the only way to get out is to just delete them. 'Cause you can't really delete people from real life. But you can. It's fucking horrible.

*ROMIL * BROCKHAMPTON is 100% DIY right now, and I love that. I love that...we're bedroom artists, you know? Because, for me, growing up, my bedroom was always like, my little save haven, it was my little cave. It's like, it was that sacred part of the universe, you know, it was like a room full of inspiration and wisdom and it was just safe. It was the dopest place in the whole universe and it's all mine.

And my room, it's orange, and I have all my influences on the wall. You see Tyler, you see Kanye, you see Cudi, Stevie Wonder, Pharrel of course, N.E.R.D. It's messy, everything's all over the place like it is in my real brain, you know? And it's just... it's just a magical environment, and it's always been that way.

It's never really lost its power, you know? Like when I was younger and my parents would yell at me or I'd get in trouble or something, I'd go to my room and just, you know, kinda sit there and get sad and think about what happened.

As I got older, I'd go to the room for the same purposes, you know, like, when I was in high school I'd just deal with normal high school shit, girls, heartbreaks, stress, depression, you know? Just life in general.

And it's always been this place for me where, I can imagine like, an alternate universe where I'm doing whatever the hell I want, there's no consequences and I'm completely free. And it's always just been like, my room is the coolest place in the universe and no-one can take that away from me. And there's nowhere else I'd rather be, there's nowhere else I'd like to create



Submitted July 30, 2018 at 06:39PM by avoid_drowning https://ift.tt/2mWqKmN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...