Friday, May 25, 2018

Meet Granada, Marsh, Elise, and Minty!

This is the final set of queens, M&Ms!

Say hello to Granada, Marsh Moon, Elise Utried, and Minty Oled!


GRANADA
Full Look
u/somewell
Age: 29
Hometown: Sao Paulo/Brazil

First of all: why drag?
Drag is breaking the gender rules, is making something new, is disrupt the society, drag is art, art in a body, moving art. It's culture and it's human. Art is a question.

As an artist and a designer, what would you say your strengths are?
I try to think out of the box and always bring something new. I love to make a research for anything I create to make it more solid. Creativity is just knowledge and references mixed to make something new. I also love color schemes.

How about weaknesses?
I'm lazy and I don't care about politeness and technique.

Which past MPAR challenge would you have won?
Season 2 - Week One - Gods and Goddesses

What challenge are you hoping for on Season 3?
I really haven't thought about it... I'd love something like Diversity for Kids, something like Steven Universe. But I actually like any kind of challenge, specially those I'm not good into.

What’s your signature look?
[This one] I wanted to create a very goth burlesque dancer. She's a witch who evoques de devil moving her feather fans.

Do pineapples belong on pizza?
Not in mine, but you can eat yours with anything you want (except ketchup).

Why do you think you will win MPAR?
I already competed in a drag competition in Facebook, and I won. The visual challenges were my strongest, and in MPAR there is no comedy required. So I believe I have what it takes to at least go far in the game.

Is there anything else that you want viewers to know?
I told up there about a challenge with a reference like Steven universe. Well, my drag queen is called Granada because it's the brazilian word for Garnet. (So as it is for grenade). She is a very political activist black queen. :)


MARSH MOON
Full Look
u/armando_reis
Age: 16 years
Hometown: Serrinha, Bahia, Brazil

First of all: why drag?
drag for me is an opportunity for you to show your artistic side and show it in your body, or in that case, in the drawing. I feel free to express myself in this art, I feel comfortable and I can also explore my creativity.

As an artist and a designer, what would you say your strengths are?
My strong point is my facility to think of concepts and ideas that I can use in my looks.

How about weaknesses?
My weakness is serious perfectionism and also I charge too much.

Which past MPAR challenge would you have won?
the challenge was to create a look inspired by a drink, I love making looks inspired by objects or unconventional things.

What challenge are you hoping for on Season 3?
The ball What’s your signature look? glitter, I'm in love with things that shine.

Do pineapples belong on pizza?
preferably without pineapples, I'm allergic to it.

Why do you think you will win MPAR?
I believe that I can show incredible looks throughout the season, showcase innovative ideas, and it will be very gratifying to show this to the public.

Is there anything else that you want viewers to know?
I have a big head and I'm always ready to take a blow with her.


ELISE UTRIED
Full Look
u/rotgbunny
Age: 18
Hometown: Sacramento, CA

First of all: why drag?
Gender roles are a bitch. For a while I thought I might be trans, but after some soul searching in a secluded temple far far away in the Himalayas, I came to the conclusion that I have two halves: A masculine side and a feminine side. Drag is an outlet for me to really get to express my femininity without having to give up my masculinity.

As an artist and a designer, what would you say your strengths are?
I take critique very well. There’s a fine line between being constructive and being destructive, and over the years I’ve learned when someone is attacking me vs. when someone is trying to help me. I pay attention to what other people have to say about my art and use it to keep growing.

How about weaknesses?
My biggest weakness is my tendency to rush through my work, often leaving mistakes unchecked. However, it’s something I’ve been working on and I think it’s paying off rather nicely!

Which past MPAR challenge would you have won?
Sexy. Slippery. Sea. Slugs. Nobody does oceanic living booger quite like I do.

What challenge are you hoping for on Season 3?
Something where the judges provide us with items that they’ve drawn (i.e. A garden hose, A stuffed animal, party streamers etc) and we have to incorporate the items we received into our runway looks. Think RPDR Drag on a Dime!

What’s your signature look?
Fantasy with a modern high fashion twist. Why should drag be a drag? I wanna excite people and give them something new each and every week. Just like my ex boyfriend did to me last year! That reminds me; I have to take my chlamydia pills brb.

Do pineapples belong on pizza?
Is this a metaphor? Am I the pineapple? Is the pizza Season 3? All jokes aside, yes. Absolutely. And anyone who disagrees can meet me in the parking lot of the nearest Domino’s.

Why do you think you will win MPAR?
I’m bringing passion, energy, commitment, and an open mind to this bitch. I’m here because I fully want to be here, and to grow as an artist. I’ve got something to prove, that’s why I’ll win.

Is there anything else that you want viewers to know?
Listen up. If you gave it your all, if you fought tooth and nail and the world still crashes down on you, you can rest peacefully because hey...Elise Utried. XOXO Keep going on and keep going strong.


MINTY OLED
Full Look
u/SuperOled
Age: 14
Hometown: Germany

First of all: why drag?
I am very much drawn to the extra nature of it. Drag for me is all about being fun, brave and larger than life. Which makes it all entertaining!

As an artist and a designer, what would you say your strengths are?
I can say that I have a good understanding of color and silhouettes. Which helps me to create distinctive looks

How about weaknesses?
Due to my inexperience I can sometimes get lost from my original inspiration. Although at times when I streamline my process, I tend to stay true to the design/inspiration.

Which past MPAR challenge would you have won?
Yes.

What challenge are you hoping for on Season 3?
I would love an unconventional materials-esque challenge x)

What’s your signature look?
My signature look would have a modern silhouette. Besides that it would include a lot of colour and OTT elements, also freckles 💁‍♀️.

Do pineapples belong on pizza?
🍍🔛🍕😤🚫🙅‍♀️🚫💢💥 🍕🔛🍍🆗👌🙌👌✅✅

Why do you think you will win MPAR?
I got 2 functioning (?) hands and an unending determination to win :>

Is there anything else that you want viewers to know?
Third time's the charm 🖌️


That's all for now, folks! A post about flairs will go up momentarily, then after that, our queen's entrances (should they wish to do them) and the season's FIRST CHALLENGE will go up tomorrow morning at 10am PST (1am EST)! We'll see you then -- hope you're excited!



Submitted May 25, 2018 at 09:50AM by errsmi https://ift.tt/2KV3jUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...