Tuesday, May 22, 2018

23, 48k Salary, minimal debt but terrible spending habits. Please help!

Title mostly sums it up.

I grew up living off social security and other government benefits. My mom views income as disposable and never saves.

I dropped out of college and started working full time at 19, doing freelance work, babysitting, even sold some art on the side. Now I have great job with great benefits and don’t need all the side hustles. I no longer have to live paycheck to paycheck.

I have 2k in credit card debt that is on deferred interest with monthly payments scheduled and factored into my budget. I have 4% of my income going into my 401k - employer matches. I have 6% going into our stock program.

My big problem is spending and not saving for emergencies. I cannot keep my savings account above $300 - I always spend it. Even when I cut out eating out alone and fancy coffee, I end up spending on clothes or makeup or getting my nails done.

All my credit card debt is from purchases like this. From overestimating my spending ability.

Any tips on how to stop spending my “extra” cash?



Submitted May 22, 2018 at 08:51PM by Swaaylaa https://ift.tt/2LlJ188

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...