Thursday, December 12, 2019

25 [F4M] Nevada, Something Meaningful

Art has been a part of me for as long as I can remember. It gives me a way to illustrate my thoughts, ideas, and emotions that cannot be express with words. It can show you what a heart break feels like. What love and lust feels like. It can tell a story that the entire world can understand and feel. I love to paint, draw, fuse glass, and various other arts and crafts. I once made a belt out of wrist watches but it turned out to be a complete waist of time;). I want to know the ‘whys’ of the universe. As Albert Einstein said, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” If you ask me about the string theory, I will be happy to tell you as much as you are willing to hear. I love to go hiking and things of that nature and am most content when I am in a place that has not been adulterated by civilization. I can be a tad nerdy and I love my video games; currently my favorites are Dark Souls, Smite, WoW, and sometimes I dabble in some FPS games. I may play them a tad too much. If you’d like to get to know me you are welcome to message me - maybe tell me what you think about self identity?

The Ship of Theseus tells a story of a ship being repaired over and over again until every plank and every nail has been replaced. Is this the same ship? If not at what point does it become a different ship? This brings the question of where does our consciousness or “I” come from and is there a point where you would no longer consider ones identity the same? As I have been telling about myself, there has been a continuity to who “I” is. Similar to the ship of Theseus, every cell in one’s body will die and be replaced over a span of 7 years. Our beliefs are not constant, yet “I” remains. If one wakes up from a coma and has no recollection of who “he” is, is his self-identity gone unchanged? What about someone with split personality disorder – how many selves are there? How can everything about a person change but their identity remain? Where does this self-identification come from?



Submitted December 12, 2019 at 10:57PM by clovermoons https://ift.tt/36q3hz6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...