Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Seeking some advice on a comics-related DIY project for a signature book

I'm going to Baltimore Comic-Con this month and wanted to try to have something that I can collect signatures on from writers or artists or whoever I meet. I like getting comics signed, but I like the idea of having a whole book filled with memories of people who tell the stories I love.

My plan was to buy an old FOOM magazine off of eBay and just have everyone sign that. Even if it's not DC or indie related, it's still "comics industry." Then my friend suggested buying a hardcover book of blank pages, printing out comic panels I love, and making a collage of them on the cover to personalize the book more.

I love the idea, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'm trying to find a nice sized book, but then I need to figure out how to make the collage and glue/tape/nail the strips to the book without making it look like a third grade arts and crafts project.

I'm not very craftsy so does anyone here have any advice?



Submitted October 03, 2019 at 03:42AM by holymoloid https://ift.tt/2oGEAy8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...