Thursday, October 3, 2019

Ancient Prophets saw much relating to the coming True Messiah, what Isaiah saw

Ancient Prophets knew much about the coming Messiah, from the very small town where He would be born, His ministry, much about His Atonement, and Resurrection. The Lord said, " And now, behold, I say unto you, that ye ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah."Third Nephi Chapter 24:1
Take a look at something very sacred which Isaiah was allowed to see. Just looking at the ancient Biblical Prophets alone, so much was recorded telling details for Israel to watch for.
The Book of the Prophet Isaiah KJV
Chapter 22

Jerusalem will be attacked and scourged—The people will be carried captive—The Messiah will hold the key of the house of David, inherit glory, and be fastened as a nail in a sure place.

1 The burden of the valley of vision. What aileth thee now, that thou art wholly gone up to the housetops?

2 Thou that art full of stirs, a tumultuous city, a joyous city: thy slain men are not slain with the sword, nor dead in battle.

3 All thy rulers are fled together, they are bound by the archers: all that are found in thee are bound together, which have fled from far.

4 Therefore said I, Look away from me; I will weep bitterly, labour not to comfort me, because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people.

5 For it is a day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the Lord God of hosts in the valley of vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountains.

6 And Elam bare the quiver with chariots of men and horsemen, and Kir uncovered the shield.

7 And it shall come to pass, that thy choicest valleys shall be full of chariots, and the horsemen shall set themselves in array at the gate.

8 ¶ And he discovered the covering of Judah, and thou didst look in that day to the armour of the house of the forest.

9 Ye have seen also the breaches of the city of David, that they are many: and ye gathered together the waters of the lower pool.

10 And ye have numbered the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses have ye broken down to fortify the wall.

11 Ye made also a ditch between the two walls for the water of the old pool: but ye have not looked unto the maker thereof, neither had respect unto him that fashioned it long ago.

12 And in that day did the Lord God of hosts call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth:

13 And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

14 And it was revealed in mine ears by the Lord of hosts, Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you till ye die, saith the Lord God of hosts.

15 ¶ Thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Go, get thee unto this treasurer, even unto Shebna, which is over the house, and say,

16 What hast thou here? and whom hast thou here, that thou hast hewed thee out a sepulchre here, as he that heweth him out a sepulchre on high, and that graveth an habitation for himself in a rock?

17 Behold, the Lord will carry thee away with a mighty captivity, and will surely cover thee.

18 He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord’s house.

19 And I will drive thee from thy station, and from thy state shall he pull thee down.

20 ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah:

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house.

24 And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father’s house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.

25 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the Lord hath spoken it.

Additional Prophesy
Jesus Christ, Prophecies about

her seed … shall bruise thy head, Gen. 3:15 (Rom. 16:20).

sceptre … until Shiloh come, Gen. 49:10.

from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel, Gen. 49:24 (D&C 50:44).

there shall come a Star out of Jacob, Num. 24:17.

raise up unto thee a Prophet, Deut. 18:15 (Acts 7:37; 3 Ne. 20:23).

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee, Ps. 2:7 (2:12).

my God, why hast thou forsaken me, Ps. 22:1.

they pierced my hands and my feet, Ps. 22:16.

Who is this King of glory, Ps. 24:10.

He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken, Ps. 34:20.

thou hast led captivity captive, Ps. 68:18.

zeal of thine house hath eaten me up, Ps. 69:9.

in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink, Ps. 69:21 (Matt. 27:34, 48).

priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek, Ps. 110:4.

stone which the builders refused is become the head, Ps. 118:22 (Matt. 21:42; Jacob 4:15).

make the horn of David to bud, Ps. 132:17.

a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son … Immanuel, Isa. 7:14 (Matt. 1:23; 2 Ne. 17:14).

unto us a child is born, Isa. 9:6 (2 Ne. 19:6).

there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, Isa. 11:1 (2 Ne. 21:1).

this is our God; we have waited for him, Isa. 25:9.

I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, Isa. 28:16.

Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Isa. 40:3.

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners, Isa. 42:7.

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks, Isa. 50:6.

he was wounded for our transgressions, Isa. 53:5 (Mosiah 14:5).

Redeemer shall come to Zion, Isa. 59:20.

anointed me to preach good tidings, Isa. 61:1.

raise unto David a righteous Branch, Jer. 23:5 (33:15).

I will open your graves, Ezek. 37:12 (Matt. 27:52).

to make reconciliation for iniquity, Dan. 9:24.

shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself, Dan. 9:26.

I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt, Hosea 11:1 (Matt. 2:15).

I will redeem them from death, Hosea 13:14.

thou brought up my life from corruption, Jonah 2:6 (2:2–9).

Beth-lehem … out of thee shall he come forth unto me, Micah 5:2 (Matt. 2:6).

Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, Hab. 3:13.

I will bring forth my servant the Branch, Zech. 3:8 (6:12).

thy King cometh unto thee … riding upon an donkey, Zech. 9:9.

I was prised at … thirty pieces of silver, Zech. 11:13.

I was wounded in the house of my friends, Zech. 13:6.

Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, Mal. 3:1 (D&C 36:8).

call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins, Matt. 1:21 (Luke 2:21).

Son of man goeth as it is written of him, Matt. 26:24.

written of the Son of man, that he must suffer, Mark 9:12.

As he spake by … his holy prophets, Luke 1:70.

This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears, Luke 4:21.

expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself, Luke 24:27 (24:44).

found him, of whom Moses … did write, Jesus, John 1:45.

as Moses lifted up the serpent … so must the Son of man be lifted up, John 3:14.

Moses … wrote of me, John 5:46.

This is of a truth that prophet that should come, John 6:14.

scripture said, That Christ cometh … out of the town of Bethlehem, John 7:42.

prophets … foretold of these days, Acts 3:24.

it is written … I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence, Rom. 9:33 (Isa. 8:14; 2 Ne. 18:14).

they had slain the Messiah, who should come, 1 Ne. 10:11.

virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, 1 Ne. 11:18.

he was lifted up upon the cross, 1 Ne. 11:33.

he cometh … in six hundred years, 1 Ne. 19:8.

Lord is their Savior … the Mighty One, 1 Ne. 22:12.

prophet of whom Moses spake was the Holy One, 1 Ne. 22:21.

Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life, 2 Ne. 2:8.

Mighty God shall deliver his covenant people, 2 Ne. 6:17.

Christ … should come among the Jews, 2 Ne. 10:3.

rise from the dead, with healing in his wings, 2 Ne. 25:13.

name shall be Jesus Christ, the Son of God, 2 Ne. 25:19.

he shall be called Jesus Christ, Mosiah 3:8.

coming of the Messiah … all the prophets who have prophesied, Mosiah 13:33.

God himself shall come down, Mosiah 15:1.

redemption cometh through Christ, Mosiah 16:15.

be born of Mary, at Jerusalem, Alma 7:10.

redemption … through the death and sufferings, Alma 21:9.

Christ, who shall come … to redeem the world, Hel. 5:9.

they have testified of the coming of Christ, Hel. 8:22.

five years more … then cometh the Son of God, Hel. 14:2.

scriptures concerning my coming are fulfilled, 3 Ne. 9:16.

I am he who was prepared … to redeem my people, Ether 3:14.

utterly destroyed by the brightness of my coming, D&C 5:19.

prophets … who truly testified of him in all things, D&C 20:26.

I will reveal myself from heaven with power, D&C 29:11.

you may be ready at the coming of the Bridegroom, D&C 33:17.

time is soon at hand that I shall come, D&C 34:7.

shall abide the day of my coming, D&C 35:21.

preparing the way … for the time of my coming, D&C 39:20.

I shall come in my glory in the clouds, D&C 45:16.

saints … quickened and be caught up to meet him, D&C 88:96.

coming of the Lord draweth nigh, D&C 106:4 (133:17).

time of the coming of the Son of Man, D&C 130:14.

Isaiah … declared by prophecy that the Redeemer was anointed, D&C 138:42.

name of his Only Begotten … Jesus Christ, Moses 6:57.

he looked and beheld the Son of Man lifted up, Moses 7:55.

See also Isa. 22:23; 55:4; Luke 1:79; Eph. 2:20; D&C 64:23; 84:28; 90:2.

Quick Reply



Submitted October 04, 2019 at 03:29AM by kirlandrm https://ift.tt/2AIiP3s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...