Tuesday, June 4, 2019

[PC][2000s] Free foreign tower defense game with a simple aesthetic

Platform(s):

PC

Genre:

Tower defense

Estimated year of release:

2000s, possibly early 2010s.

Graphics/art style:

Very simple. Enemies were colored squares (with no fill), towers were simple drawings. Everything looked like it could be made in Paint quite quickly. Level backgrounds looked like wood textures or similar.

Notable gameplay mechanics:

The game was a tower defense with a fixed path. The towers I remember are:

A flashlight tower (which damaged all enemies in a conical area), a basic gun tower, a heavier cannon tower, a nail tower that sprayed nails over an area, a so-called mouse tower that followed the cursor and fired, a heal tower that restored your base's health, a minigun tower. I believe there was also bounce towers, which shot ricocheting projectiles.

Each level could have multiple bases, each with their own health bar. The levels were timed, and it was often necessary to send waves early to get full credit for a level. I believe it took a certain number of completed waves to unlock each new set of levels.

There was a level editor.

The closest comparison in play style would be Immortal Defense; like that, this game focused on upgrading towers repeatedly, with high levels vastly overwhelming many lower-level towers.

Other details:

I played the game a few years back, and it was already old; it probably came out in the earlyish 2000s. I think it was originally developed by a European individual.

I believe it was fairly obscure to begin with.



Submitted June 04, 2019 at 11:55PM by pleximind http://bit.ly/318eEtU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...