Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Mugchat: Share your 'daily driver'!

Perhaps I'm incredibly dull, but I find coffee cups enduringly fascinating and have been collecting for years. But I have a go-to, and I thought it would be interesting to get a thread going where we share our choice of a 'daily driver' cup, and talk about why. Given how for most of us here coffee is all about 'experience', I feel the cup is a huge and sometimes overlooked factor.

Here is my favourite cup (and I'll admit that is among my better latte pours and not a fair representation of my daily results...!).

https://i.redd.it/f7licdjr8fv21.jpg

It's the Loveramics Tulip Cappuccino Cup in red, and it's almost identical to the popular Acme equivalent. Despite its name it's 170ml/5.74floz, making it about right for a flat white. I love it because apart from its classic look, it's incredibly thick and seriously heavy, tough as nails, smooth and glassy to the touch, and holds heat for absolutely ages. It's super easy to clean thanks to the incredibly smooth finishing inside and out, and has a rounded internal base which is lovely to pour into. Most people use a wider brim for flat white/latte art but I've had decent results with this, just needs extra tilt angle and a bit of finesse (getting there on the latter!). It's a truly substantial thing.

Looking forward to seeing your vessels of choice!



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 06:41PM by DearTereza http://bit.ly/2ZKCGdA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...