Sunday, March 31, 2019

[Review] Lux200 Kit by CoilArt - The Mod Is Powerful!

Lux200 Kit by CoilArt

Hi there! TheOneVape_Review is back once again and today, I am going to review a kit by CoilArt - The Lux200 Kit. I've never bought or tried any CoilArt's product before and this will be my first. Will my first experience with CoilArt's product be good, or bad? Let's find out more in my review.

INTRODUCTION

CoilArt had made some very popular vape products such as the Mage series RTAs, DPRO RDA, and the Mino pod. But today, I am going to share my thoughts with you on the Lux200 Kit. Just a brief overview of the kit - It supports dual 18650s, goes up to 200 watts, and uses a powerful Eagle Chip inside. As for the Lux Mesh Tank, it holds a good amount of e-liquid capacity at 5.5 ml and also comes with 2 different Lux Mesh Coils - The M1 and the M4 coils, single and quadruple coil respectively.

Will CoilArt nail the Lux200 Kit as well, just like their other products? Let me talk more about it, show some pictures that I took and give you my final thoughts.

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES

Lux200 Mod

Height: 89 mm

Width: 53 mm

Depth: 25 mm

Operates Using Eagle Chip

Output Wattage: 5 - 200 Watts

Resistance Range: 0.05 - 3.0 Ω

Output Modes: Variable Wattage ( VW ) / Temperature Control ( TC ) - Nickel ( Ni200 ) / Titanium ( Ti ) / Stainless Steel ( SS )

Temperature Range: 95 - 315℃ / 200 - 600°F

Bypass Mode

0.005 Seconds Firing Speed

510 Spring Loaded Connector

Customizable Display Screen

Removable Front & Back Panels

Reinforced Glass Panel With UV Printing

Micro-USB Charging Port / Firmware Upgrade

Self-Adjusting Battery Contact

Lux Mesh Tank

Height: 50 mm ( Including Drip Tip )

Diameter: 24 mm

510 Threaded

5.5 ml E-Liquid Capacity

0.15Ω Single & Quadruple Lux Mesh Coil

Top Fill Method

Adjustable Bottom Airflow

Faux-Marble Resin Design

SAFETY FEATURES

USB Input Protection

Equalizing Charge Protection

Low Voltage Protection

Low Resistance Protection

Output Short Circuit Protection

Over-Time Protection

Over-Charge Protection

Over-Temperature Protection

Over-Current Protection

Anti-Loaded Battery Protection

COLOR OPTIONS

Black

White

Blue

Green

Red

Color Options / Picture Credits: MyVpro

PACKAGING CONTENT

1 x Lux200 Mod

1 x Lux Mesh Tank

1 x Bubble Glass

1 x M1 Lux Mesh Coil ( 0.15 Single Coil )

1 x M4 Lux Mesh Coil ( 0.15 Quadruple Coil )

3 x O-Rings

1 x Micro-USB Cable

1 x Lux200 Mod User Manual

1 x Lux Tank User Manual

Lux200 Kit's Packaging

Packaging Content

OVERALL LOOKS & FEELS OF THE LUX200 KIT

Lux200 Mod

The Lux200 mod is a very boxy mod with all the sharp edges all around, just like the drag mods. If you are a marble fan, you might be interested in this because on both the removable side panels, there are marbles designs. I don't think all of the color schemes has the marble looks to it as some of them don't look like one, except for the white and black. One thing to point out is that the black colored Lux200 mod, isn't actually black but more like a purplish-blue. The marble design are actually made out of plastic, and it looks like it is made out of acrylic. The removable side panels are held on by magnets and after removing it, there is 1 cut out on each side for easy dismantling of batteries. On the front side of the mod has a huge gold fire button, a screen, a gold up and down button, and a micro-USB port. The 510 connector is located at the top side of the mod, nearer to where the buttons are. Most of the 510 connector on my mods are either centered, or at the sides away from the buttons and this is the first one that is located nearer to the buttons. I don't know what to feel about that, it is just my personal preference. I tried getting used to how to looks but I can't, so I don't like where the placement of the 510 connector is. The silver plating around 510 connector is raised so that will prevent the Lux Mesh Tank or any other tanks from scratching the mod. On the back has the 'LUX200' logo on it and finally, there are some ventilation holes for the chip set and a cutout to remove the side panels on the bottom.

The feels of the mod isn't very comfortable to hold because of how the sides are not rounded, but has sharp edges instead. So I guess I can say that the ergonomics wasn't thought out that well? The mod itself is quite big as well which makes it a weighted mod with batteries in. Like I mentioned above, all 3 buttons are big enough for you not to miss it. There are very minimal play on the buttons but no rattling can be heard. There is a noticeable amount of play on one side of the panel when holding on to it which kind of annoys me. Both panels are very smooth but is also a fingerprint magnet as it has a glossy finish to it and it is also in black. The last thing I want to mention about are the magnets. The side panels that are held on by magnets; 4 on each corner of the mod and another 4 on each corner inside the panels. It feels very weak as if it will not hold onto it very well. Surprisingly, I tried flicking the mod hard several times and both the batteries and side panels didn't drop out.

Overall Looks of Lux200 Kit

Removable Side Panels

Lux Mesh Tank

The Lux Mesh Tank comes in different colors matching with the color scheme of the mods. Mine came in black so I get a black Lux Mesh Tank and it has a faux-marble resin design on it or rather on all the Lux Tanks. The included 810 drip tip is a proprietary drip tip as it has 2 o-rings on it. But don't worry, it is also 810 compatible as well, as there is another o-ring inside and all my 810 drip tip fits perfectly on it. It has a top-fill design so a top cap is expected and it does only one full turn to take it off. The 2 fill ports are big enough to fit your glass drippers and bottle drippers. The pre-installed bubble tank holds 5.5 ml of e-liquid capacity and it also came with an extra bubble glass tank. I was expecting it to be a straight glass tank as some people don't like the looks of a bubble glass tank but oh well, it is what it is. The airflow on each side are adjustable and it doesn't opens up fully as there is a stopper on one side on the airflow.

The top cap has a smooth threading but it is hard to catch onto it sometimes. The o-ring tension when is very restrictive when it first came out of the box so be careful when taking the bubble glass tank off. But after washing it, the tension isn't as much as compared when it is new. The airflow is easy to adjust with a nice restriction to it, and again, when it is new. After washing it, the restriction became looser and it adjusts quite easily although it didn't adjust on its own inside my bag so I'm fine with that. The airflow slots are huge so expect it to be an airy vape.

Lux Mesh Coils

The Lux200 Kit comes with 2 Lux Mesh Coil and one of which is already pre-installed inside the Lux Mesh Tank. There are 2 mesh coils and they are called M1 & M4 - single & quadruple coils respectively. Both of them are 0.15Ω and for the M1 coil, it is rated between 50 - 90 watts - best between 60 - 80 watts. For the M4 coils, it is rated between 80 - 150 watts - best between 100 - 120 watts. Both coils uses different mesh which can be seen in the picture below.

M4 Coil ( Left ), M1 Coil ( Right )

LUX200 NAVIGATION

Click the fire button 5 times:

  • On
  • Off

Once turned on, the display will show the following information:

  • Wattage or Bypass or Temperature Control
  • Power ( P )
  • Left & Right Battery Indicators ( L & R )
  • Variable Wattage Mode or Seconds ( Sec ) - Only in TC Mode
  • Resistance ( COI )
  • Voltage ( VOL )
  • Ampere ( AMP )
  • Puff Counter ( PUF )

Main Screen ( The screen does not have that line there, it's the frame rate )

Click the fire button 3 times, it changes according to the followings:

  • Wattage
  • Bypass
  • Temperature Control ( Nickel or Titanium or Stainless Steel )

Bypass Mode

Temperature Control Mode

When in Temperature Control mode, click keys 4 times:

  • Change Value of Wattage

Click the fire button 4 times, it lets you choose several wattage modes:

  • Strong
  • Weak
  • Normal
  • Custom

Different Wattage Modes

Press and hold the up and down buttons:

  • Keys Lock
  • Keys Unlock

In keys lock features, the mod will not be able to change its settings but still able to fire.

Press up or down button:

  • Increase / Decrease Wattage ( 5 - 200 watts; 0.5 w increments below 100, 1 w increment above 100; round robins )
  • Increase / Decrease Temperature ( 95 - 315°C; 5°C increments / 200 - 600°F ; 10°F increments ); round robins
  • Increase / Decrease Wattage in TC Mode ( 10 - 80 watts; 5 w increments; round robins )

Overall, the mod is quite easy to navigate. I did face with some issues which I will talk more about it under the performance section. The layout of the screen is very clean and easy to read and also displays all the information that is needed. Although it does not have any brightness adjustment features, it is quite bright and is suitable for outdoor uses.

PERFORMANCE

Lux200 Mod

The mod is powered by a chip called the Eagle Chip. I have never heard of it before but this chip is really powerful. It hits as fast as the Charon Mini / Naboo mod by Smoant, but hits harder than them. The scrolling speed is at the right speed for me. I faced with some issues with this mod which is when the Lux Mesh Tank is on the mod, it is very difficult to turn it off. I clicked 5 times it wouldn't turn it off, it would always change to bypass mode, and as a result, almost burning out the M1 coil. I have to spam the fire button or click it 6 times to turn it off. When the tank is not on the mod, I have no problem with clicking 5 times to turn it off. I have no idea why it is happening or there is a problem with the chip set.

In Bypass mode, it hits really hard. It is better not to use M1 coils in Bypass mode as it will just destroy your coil. I find using M4 coil is more suitable. Make sure the atty / coils you are using are suitable for high wattage. It is best not to use if you aren't sure about it.

There is this feature in the Lux200 mod, which I call it the smart wattage, meaning once you screw your atty in, the mod will automatically adjust to the suitable wattage for your coils. In M1 coils, which is rated best between 60 to 80 watts and it automatically set it to 75 watts. But when I installed the M4 coils in, which is rated best between 100 to 120 watts, it still set it to the recommended wattage of 75 watts. That is even lower than the minimum recommended wattage for the M4 coils which is at 80 watts. In my opinion, if the mod wants to recommend the wattage, at least set it within the coil limit and not under the coil limit. It would be great if there is an option to turn the smart wattage off just like the Revenger X.

Also, I realized that the puff counter on the mod will automatically reset after swapping the batteries out. I mean the purpose of puff counter is for people to keep track of the amount of puffs they take. If that resets without the user's acknowledgment, then what's the point of having it in the mod? They will just lose track of they puff count for the day.

Lux Mesh Tank with M1 & M4 Coils

The tank provides a smooth airflow all across the board. It is quite an airy vape due to the large airflow slots. Once you close down 1/4 of the airflow, I get a loose restrictive lung hit without any whistling or turbulence. At 1/2 closed, I am getting a medium restrictive lung hit and it starts to get a little turbulent. At 3/4 closed, I am starting to get a restrictive lung hit and also, getting a little turbulent.

I would prime the coil before screwing it into the tank. After filling up with e-liquid, I will continue to let it sit for 5 minutes before vaping on it. No cotton or weird taste can be tasted on the new coils. Flavor coming out of the M1 coil is good and the flavor for the M4 isn't as good as the M1, in my opinion. I would say the M4 gives a little lesser flavor than the M1 coil. I was expecting the quadruple coils to give better flavor but I was wrong. But overall flavor is good and decent vapor production.

The e-liquid consumption of the M1 coil is at a normal rate but the M4 coil chucks it down.

I have not experience any major leaking in this tank, just condensation and a very very minor juice sitting inside the airflow deck after leaving it overnight. No leaking issues throughout the day as well.

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Lux200 Kit is overall a good kit that provides you with all the basic things you need in the mod and in the tank. The mod reminds me of back in 2015, when there are lots of box mods such as the X-cube by Smok and the SnowWolf 85w TC box mod. If I were to tell you honestly, I am not a fan of these kind of mods with sharp edges all around the corner. I'm more into mods with curve edges. I think this will be suitable for people who are a fan of marbles, those who likes a classic looking box mods, or maybe those who are a fan of the Drag mods. The performance of this mod is really good, very responsive and is able to customize partially. I am really impressed with the Eagle Chip and I think this is the hardest hitting mod I ever used. I think the marble design looks really beautiful especially on the white and black color scheme. As for the Lux Mesh Tank, flavor is good on both M1 and M4 coils although M4 produces a little lesser flavor than the M1 coil. I am not a sub ohm tank kind of guy and I have never once used a sub ohm tank before except back in the 2015, the only sub ohm coil I used was the sub-tank that came together with the Subox Mini. I know I can't say much about it because this is my 'first' experience with a sub-ohm tank. But within my testing period, flavor has been good so far.

If I were to buy this mod again, would I buy another one? No, but I would buy one if the edges aren't so sharp, and if the 510 connector is either placed in the center or on the other side of the mod.

WHAT IS GOOD

Lux200 Mod

  • Fast Firing Speed
  • Hits Hard
  • Easy Navigation
  • Interchangeable Plates
  • Easy To Take Out Batteries
  • Large & Responsive Buttons

Lux Mesh Tank

  • Good Flavor
  • Smooth Airflow
  • 5.5 ml E-liquid Capacity
  • 810 Drip Tip Compatible
  • No leaks
  • 3/4 To Full Turn To Remove Top Cap

WHAT ISN'T

Lux200 Mod

  • Not Comfortable In Hands
  • Play On One Side Of Panel
  • Spam Click To Turn Off Mod While Atty Is On It
  • Puff Counter Resets After Swapping Batteries
  • No Options To Turn Off Smart Wattage

Lux Mesh Tank

  • A Little Turbulent
  • Top Cap Threading Hard To Catch On

PRICE OF LUX200

KIT

MyVaporStore - $69.99

ElementVape - $79.95

VaporDNA - $79.99

LUX200 MESH TANK

VaporDNA - $29.99

LUX TANK REPLACEMENT COIL ( 3 Pieces / Box )

MyVaporStore - $12.99 ( M1 Coil ) / $14.99 ( M4 Coil )

ElementVape - $10.95 ( M1 Coil ) / $12.95 ( M4 Coil )

VaporDNA - $10.99 ( M1 & M4 coils are the same price )

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Lux200 Kit by CoilArt. This is TheOneVape_Review, signing off.

REVIEWER DISCLAIMER: I only type reviews during my free time so some products may take quite some time to be posted up. All products are used for 2 weeks or more.

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: Thank you CoilArt for sending the Lux200 Kit over for the purpose of this review and this will not affect my opinions of it.

PICTURE DISCLAIMER: All pictures posted in my threads are purely taken by me and only me. Do not use without my acknowledgment or giving any credits.



Submitted March 31, 2019 at 10:58AM by TheOneVape_Review https://ift.tt/2UlrhkC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...