Saturday, March 30, 2019

Elementary PC/CD-ROM point and click Mystery/clue

[PC][late 90s early 00s Posted this in r/tipofmytongue

Was given a link to this user's post it is exactly what I am trying to describe: u/FourRedStars Platform(s): PC

Genre:Point and Click, Mystery, Children's

Estimated year of release: Close to 2000, no later than 2001.

Graphics/art style: This is that part I remember most distinctly. The characters were all in a cartoon style, similar to the Squigglevision shows (Science Court, Dr. Katz, Home Movies, etc.)

Notable characters: There were several mysteries with recurring characters in different roles. I remember a boy character who looked a lot like Dr. Katz with a full head of hair. In one of the mysteries he was a paperboy and constantly said "Extra! Extra!" Possibly named Theo? (Like for theology)

Notable gameplay mechanics: It was point and click. As I mentioned above, there were multiple mysteries. It's possible the individual mysteries were separate games in the same series. The one I remember best took place on a boat. (Might have had an alien spring at one point too)

Other details: We played this game in class in the 2000-01 school year. It might have been designed to be educational, but I think it was just a kid's game.

*the parenthesis text is my input but u/FourRedStars hit the nail on the head otherwise.



Submitted March 30, 2019 at 03:43PM by LeoCas19 https://ift.tt/2V59sUj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...