Friday, January 25, 2019

Additional college courses that would benefit a Cosmetology career?

Hello! I am going to start Cosmetology school at my local community college soon. It's about a year and a half program, and it gives an Associates degree in the end along with Cosmo license. I am currently an Esthetician and Nail Tech, so I have been to beauty school twice before but never in a traditional college setting with "credits". From my previous experience, the science aspects taught were only the very most basic.

Since this will be my first chance to take proper courses, I'm wondering if it might be beneficial to take additional courses. My school (like most) has a flat cost for between 12-18 credits, so I'm thinking I should tack on an extra course or two per term. I work in a Wellness-based Spa, so it is important for me to understand the safety of product formulations and whatnot. I'm thinking Chemistry & Biology for sure. Maybe Interpersonal Communication, Intro to Art, Psychology, etc.? Thanks for any thoughts!



Submitted January 25, 2019 at 05:34PM by CosmicJazzie http://bit.ly/2B1Uera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...