Monday, December 3, 2018

What "types" of wineries are there? I'm creating a map layer of all the various winery experiences there are, and your input would be most helpful.

Cheers! As some of you know, my background was in F&B, then Rooms, then management company. One of our Oregon props does make wine off 7 acres, which is really fun, but I'm more on the hotel side than any sort of wine maker or somm side.

In that, I've been starting to compile (and ask questions here) map layers to educate our guests, namely in Napa or Willamette Valley (but the conversations should be world wide, surely).

Here's two of the ones I've done, below. The Sonoma Coast AVA is sorta weird, because it's tasting rooms of wineries making wine off coastal vineyards, rather than all being out on the coast. I am so FREAKING excited about the Coastal AVA coming this year (I think??).

https://goo.gl/FELUmM
Small, family wineries in Napa... more likely to be in someone's barn or kitchen, type of experience.
https://goo.gl/YrQPNQ

Sonoma Coast AVA

But in making more of these map layers, what layers could I make? When you go to some luxury hotel, and they hand you a sprawling map of Napa Valley (or wherever), it is SO FREAKING overwhelming to figure out what you want. A map layer can hit the nail on the head, depending on what people might like.

So here's what I will dev, down the road:

picnic wineries

dog-friendly

art/gallery

chef/culinary

architecturally interesting

historic

then at some point by varietal

What other layers could I make?? Anything compelling or interesting / useful I might be able to add to the above? Any thoughts/comments are welcome. Thanks to all of you who make wine or help people find ones that make them happy. Sorry for the rough last few years in NorCal with the fires, etc.

I love this industry, so cheers again to all of you, and happy holiday season!



Submitted December 03, 2018 at 09:26PM by unclefishbits https://ift.tt/2QBhSn6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...