Saturday, September 22, 2018

Okay SLS listen.

With the trailer for BRBR being well received (I think) SLS has a shot as the BR market. It is unique to the genre, Battlerites mechanics feel polished, you generally feel like you always can improve, and its fun as heck! However, there are a few things that make BRs like Fortnite successful: content updates, listening to the community, and the battle pass.

Content updates are important. The map changes that Fortnite brought in made for a whole new experience. First, in season 2 they reiterated on their whole first pass of the map to breath life into dead zones of the map. Then in season 3, they tied an overarching storyline with the visitor and now a giant cube has been rolling around the map shrouded in mystery until he became a sentient lake! I believe with SLS and their stunning visuals they could create a mystery for us to follow to figure out.

Listening to the community is so important. If you look at PUBGs steamcharts they have been hemorrhaging players over the last 8 months because they didn't listen to their community. The same thing happened with H1Z1; they left to the promising land of  PUBG but we can see how that's going now. However, you look at Fortnite and they just announced that in August they had their largest player count in the game's history. I know you haven't had the best community engagement before but I know you have the potential. You just have to sieze it.

Now the battle pass I really could have included with the content update but I just want to stress how important it is to add something like this. You NEED replayability in your game and having daily/weekly challenges that reward you with awesome in-game rewards(seriously your art team could nail this) is something to bring us back.

Also, your game has something that no other BR except COD has. Another fully fleshed out Arena Brawler that your player base will be able to switch between. Now, I understand you need funding to keep going,  but once you take BRBR out of early access it needs to be free to play so that players can switch between your games freely. I think this will help ease the frustrations of players when they are able to play the game they enjoy but in a different way.

I know this was very long and drawn out but I just wanted to put my two cents in. I love this game and just desperately want to see it succeed. Don't squander the chance you have.

TLDR: read the first paragraph.



Submitted September 22, 2018 at 11:13AM by PandasDT https://ift.tt/2MWpMBX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...