Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Nightmare King Grimm and how he made my game easier.

Okay, so I just finished my first playthrough and just wanna say how much did Grimm helped me to hone my skills in this game.

Long story short, i only use a nail. No nail arts, and only using soul to heal myself. For a long time i used a "fight->take some damage->heal->repeat" strategy, and it made my progression through the game quite comfortable.

Until I found Nightmare King Grimm. It was nearly the end of the game, only 3 or 4 bosses and pantheons were undiscovered and i already got 8 masks and all three soul spheres (forgot how they are actually named), I thought I'm good and all this stuff, defeated Grimm (first one) in (ONLY as i thought) somewhat like 15 attempts with the pure nail, and wanted to finish Grimm Troup content before going to Temple, expecting it would end this playthrough.

I'm stubborn. And so I spent few days trying different charm sets and tactics, only getting any further but the first stage (after which he transforms into little bats). And so I had to learn to fight without getting hit. And then I succeeded - finally defeating this boss.

Don't get me wrong, I hate him. But what I cant deny is that after him completing other bosses and even pantheons in Godhome (up to 4th with soul and health bindings) was just too easy compared to how game was before. I defeated radiance in just 7 attepmts - most of which were spent learning attack patterns.

I understand that many of experienced players would laugh at me like "7 attempts for Radiance? Only 2 of 4 bindings? Too weak", but to me it was an insanely big leap compared to my skills before.

And so I wanted to ask: anyone else same story? :D



Submitted September 26, 2018 at 05:48PM by zontik2012 https://ift.tt/2DtFaGe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...