Friday, August 3, 2018

All boss save files for your Gods and Glory training needs.

Hello there fellow Hollow Knight aficionados.

On this subreddit, I often encounter people saying how they wish they could replay a boss for nostalgia's sake or how they missed a certain vampire pal because of an unfortunate decision. And I empathize with these lost souls, because I felt the same after my first playthrough. So I decided to do something about it.

I ventured into Hallownest's caves once more and I made a backup save file for every boss and notable location, so that I could revisit them when I choose. Now don't get me wrong, I fully realize that I'm not the first person to do this, I merely wanted to share it with people who might not know it's possible and allow them to relive the experience without having to replay through the entire game.

Here is the link to the save files. In order to put them into your game, simply download one of the files and then go to:

Windows - C:/Users/YourUserNameHere/AppData/LocalLow/Team Cherry/Hollow Knight

Linux - ~/.config/unity3d/Team Cherry/Hollow Knight

Mac - /Library/Application Support/unity.Team Cherry.Hollow Knight

and rename the file to user#.dat where # is the number of the slot you wish for the save file to occupy in the game (from 1 to 4).

The save files are all named according to the bosses (or locations for Colliseum and the White Palace) they lead to and they all have the current Nail upgrade in the name. OldNail being no upgrades and Nail4 being the highest upgrade.

For obvious reasons I couldn't list every single upgrade status in the file name and Nail damage felt like the most important part. However, as different people like a different pace and difficulty, certain bosses would be made too hard or too easy. Some people might also get abilities like shade cloak or double jump sooner than others. But don't despair!

Thankfully, a much smarter person than me, namely /u/BloodOrca, made an amazing online tool to edit save files very easily. There you can adjust the preferences to your liking. You can change your nail damage, your health, whether you have unlocked nail arts or upgraded spells, which abilities are unlocked and pretty much anything else you can think of.

Certain boss routes aren't fully unlocked/open such as the lever puzzle of the Mantis Lords or the small conveyor belt challenge before Crystal Guardian etc, but I hope you will forgive me for that (and if it really bothered someone, I could amend it). A small number of the boss files also appear twice with different Nail upgrades, because I tried a few of them with a weaker Nail to see if I could do it and then reloaded to do them in the originally intended order. It's also worth noting that I'm a moron and after finishing the delicate flower quest, I forgot to turn it in so the majority of bosses I did at the very end like NKG or GPZ were done with 8 masks rather than 9. But you can amend that easily with the save editor (or take a stag to Resting Grounds, up to you).

If you have any questions regarding how to replace the save files and/or edit them, or if you run into any unforeseen issues, feel free to comment or PM me.

P.S. The route I took in the playthrough is the one in the current version of the amazingly exhaustive and comprehensive 107% completion guide by wataniyob, so if you're familiar with it, you'll know what order the various abilities are unlocked in.

P.P.S Don't forget to change charms.



Submitted August 04, 2018 at 03:47AM by Fermander https://ift.tt/2MfbuMV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...