Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Need direction/advice about matching colors/values in fine art reproductions

So I sell prints of my art on my website and do the entire calibration process myself. I use a colorchecker and even a monitor calibrator and a custom ICC profile for printing. Now I notice that because my monitor is just plain bad I cannot do the final subtle adjustments to make the prints perfect. It's most evident in the black and white prints.

The large piece is the original drawing while the top right medium print is the original print without any adjustments (just camera and printer calibration) Because it's convenient I'm photographing these with my phone camera under the same lighting conditions i drew them in and photographed them in. So here is the information for the 5 prints in the album.

Medium Print = 5300 WB/+34 Tint Small Print Top Left = 5080/+34 Small Print Top Right = 5080/+38 Small Print Bottom Left = 5300/+38 Small Print Bottom Right = 4857/+30

I'm a perfectionist and need to nail it exactly but it's costing me alot of time/money to make these prints for calibration. So I'm asking two things.

In this case what adjustments would you guys expect would work for WB and Tint. What about adjustments to darks, shadows, lights, and highlights (I expect the highlights need to be boosted?)

It's more important that I figure out how to adjust these myself. I want to learn any techniques that could make this process faster so that I could reproduce my work quickly and accurately.

Thanks for reading/helping

IMGUR ALBUM - https://imgur.com/a/jPuyrJ6



Submitted June 06, 2018 at 11:13AM by SiliconBleach https://ift.tt/2symtJs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...