Saturday, May 26, 2018

So I've been getting into RWBY...

I've know about RWBY for years as kind of a background thing that's picking up in popularity in its early years but never really paid attention to it, then news on the Best Friends podcast turned up about Monty Oum's death, which sucked, I was familiar with and liked his Dead Fantasy work. I then happened upon some heartfelt fanart in honor of Monty on Deviantart's front page, which led me to dive into some RWBY fanart, though I still didn't get into the series. But then the announcement of RWBY characters in Cross Tag Battle happened.

 

It all started out of curiosity of Cross Tag Battle and the Crossing Fate meme. I decided to check out some YouTube videos about RWBY... and then that's when I fell down the RWBY rabbit hole. It started with videos of passionate fans criticizing and expressing concerns about the current direction of the show to binge-ing all of RWBY Chibi.

 

I ended up falling for Monty's goofy cast of lovable anime OCs, and it's sad to see the overall quality of the show decline, I mean the story wasn't amazing to begin with but it was ok, but now it's getting really bad, retcons and plot inconsistencies galore.   The entire series just screams WASTED POTENTIAL... And I LOVE wasted potential shows!! Because they give me a good mental exercise in writing.

 

The nail in the coffin for me was the RWBY soundtrack... HOLY SHIT, its sooo fucking GOOOD!!

 

All-in-all, the series actually inspired me to continue pursuing animation, the original goal was to get a job of art design in a video game company, it still kinda is but I now have a side goal of creating series, granted I'm nowhere close to achieving something like that, years away even, but I feel motivated to move towards that goal and do whatever I need to do to make it a reality.

 

....Jeez, looking back at what I wrote out, does RWBY have this effect on people? Tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way



Submitted May 26, 2018 at 07:26PM by SailorSenshiDarkSun https://ift.tt/2IMMn2m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Long Distance Even Work? (Fucking My Dorm Mate)

​ I'm Hunter and I'm 18, just about to finish off my freshman year in college. So, to give some background on this story that happ...